The University of Cambridge is a collegiate public research university in Cambridge, United Kingdom. Founded in 1209 and granted a royal charter by King Henry III in 1231, Cambridge is the second-oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s fourth-oldest surviving university.
Who can Submit
The Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition is designed for academically excellent high school students aged between 15 and 17 who would otherwise not be able to attend the programs.
The essay question for this year’s scholarship competition is:
“What is the primary issue facing society today and what can we do to effect positive change in this area?”
To craft a good essay requires careful argumentation, clear structure and originality. It is this set of characteristics that we will look for when judging applicants’ essays. We will also take into account the letter of recommendation supplied by your school and the short video personal statement.
How to Submit
In order to enter the competition, follow these simple steps to complete a full application by 23:00 GMT on 17th November 2019.
- Follow this link to set up a Reach Cambridge scholarship account (do not use the “apply” button at the top right of our website – you cannot set up a scholarship account through that link).
- From your main account page, select the “Scholarship” tab on the left.
- Copy your essay into the box provided (the word limit is 750 words). Answer all other questions on the page.
Full scholarship: A fully-funded scholarship prize for one of our 2-week Programs.
Full Scholarships available in 2020:
- Summer: Up to 3 scholarships available
- Spring: Up to 6 scholarships available
Partial scholarship: A partially funded (50%) scholarship prize for one of our 2-week Programs in either Spring or Summer 2020.
Please note that both prizes include all those items ordinarily covered by the program fee. They do not include the cost of flights, or other items, which are not ordinarily covered by the program fee.
November 17, 2019 by 23:00 GMT.