The Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology invites Call for Proposals 2019 for the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists. Apply by April 20.
About the Scheme:
To encourage young scientists and technologists towards providing technology-based/led solutions for socio-economic challenges, Department of Science and Technology (DST) launched Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST) in the year 1991.
The Scheme aims at Engaging Young Researchers Towards Socio-Economic Development.
Innovative technological ideas in the form of a proposal from young passionate researchers are thus invited under following identified themes aimed at addressing socio-economic challenges of the nation:
- Artificial Intelligence and loT for Societal Application in
• Rural Development
• Disaster Management
- Hybrid Solar PV Technologies with Wind Generators.
- Robotics for Societal Application.
- Agricultural Tools and Agriculture Produce.
- Nutritional Supplements and Value-Added Food Products for Human and Animals.
- Plant-Based Health Products.
- Scientific Validation and Upscaling of Traditional Knowledge Systems.
- Cost Effective Health and Hygiene Aids.
- Effective Indigenous Methods of Disease Identifications and Monitoring.
- Natural Resource-Based Livelihood Systems.
- Income Augmenting Agricultural Practices.
- Captive Cultivation & Breeding.
- Environment Sustainability.
- Additive Manufacturing.
- The applicant should possess at least a Master’s degree in any S&T stream. Those having Ph.D. will be given preference.
- The candidate should be less than 35 years of age on the last date of submission of the application to DST. However, age relaxation of 5 years would be given to Women and Differently-abled (Divyangjan) applicants and those belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
- The applicant not in a regular position should align himself or herself with an Academic Institution of repute, S&T based agencies including reputed Voluntary Organization with minimum 5 years in existence for implementation of S&T based projects.
April 20, 2019.
How to Apply?
- Applicants are required to submit three copies of the full proposal in the prescribed format at Dr. Rashmi Sharma, Scientist ‘E’, Science for Equity, Empowerment & Development (SEED) Division, Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016.
- Applicants should also upload a soft copy here.
- Project tenure proposed should not be more than three years.
- Formats for the application can be downloaded from here.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +91-11-26590541