SBI Youth for India is a 13-month long programme that enables India’s brightest young minds to work on rural development projects with experienced NGOs.
Supported by State Bank of India, the fellowship offers the best platform in the country to follow your heart and help solve rural India’s most pressing challenges.
SBI YFI offers a wide range of projects that cover the entire gamut of rural development. Fellows can either choose to work on an existing project or can implement a new project in a focus area of the partner NGO.
SBI YFI ensures that necessary support and guidance are made available to the fellows.
Presently, fellows are working on a variety of projects at 32 locations across 9 states of the country.
- Young Professionals or Fresh Graduates
- Age 21-32 (as on date of commencement of programme)
- Indian citizen
- Last date for submission of online application: 31st May, 2017
- Candidates shortlisted for personal interview will be intimated: 1st week of June, 2017
- Candidates selected for the programme will be intimated: 5th July, 2017
- Candidates join the August 2017-18 cohort: 7th August, 2017
- Candidates join the October 2017-18 cohort: 2nd October, 2017
- Interested candidates should register at the link given here and the form should be completed within 7 days of registration, else the form will be suspended.
- A timestamp of 50 minutes is provided to feed responses to all the 3 essay questions.
Shortlisted candidates are notified on an ongoing basis during the application period. We continuously engage with shortlisted applicants over an online forum to get to know them better as well as clarify their doubts regarding the Fellowship.
Interviews shall be conducted in major metro cities or virtually for applicants based outside India.
- Stipend: Rs 15,000 to meet living expenses
- Local Transport Allowance: Rs 1,000 per month
- A Readjustment Allowance of Rs. 30,000 upon successful completion of the Fellowship
- To and fro travel costs of the Fellows from his/her place of residence to project location as well as for training programmes
- Medical Insurance
- Mentorship by experienced professionals in the field
- Access to the Community through well-established Partner NGOs
- Linkages with premier organizations of the country
About the Author