Jamia Hamdard (JH) invites nominations for the “Sayeeda Begum Woman Scientist Prize-2019”, to be given each year in the memory of Late Mrs. Sayeeda Begum, wife of Late Hakeem Abdul Hameed, founder of Jamia Hamdard, to recognize academic excellence of women scientists working at Jamia Hamdard or at any other recognised minority institution of the country in basic and applied research in the areas of biosciences, biotechnology, biomedical, pharmaceutical and environmental sciences.
The “Sayeeda Begum Woman Scientist Prize” will be in recognition of academic excellence of a woman scientist below 45 years of age in basic and applied research in the areas of biosciences, biotechnology, biomedical, pharmaceutical and environmental sciences. Contributions made during last 5 years would be the main consideration. The Award comprises of a Plaque, Rs. 2 Lakh cash and a Citation.
- The Prize is exclusively for the women scientists engaged in basic and applied research in biosciences, biotechnology, biomedical, pharmaceutical and environmental sciences, working at any recognised minority institution in India (including Jamia Hamdard) or minority women working in any institution anywhere in India, not exceeding 45 years of age, as reckoned on 31st December, 2018.
- The Prize is open to women citizens of India, Overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) working in India.
- The Prize will be awarded on the basis of contributions made through work done in India during the five years preceding the year of the Prize.
- A candidate may apply or send in nomination through anyone of the following strictly in the prescribed proforma. A nominator can send only one nomination.
- The Authorities who can nominate are Secretaries of S&T Departments; user Ministries/Department such as Atomic Energy, Commerce, Environment & Forest, Health and Family Welfare, Human Resource Development, Industry, New and Renewable Energy, Earth Sciences, Space; Members of the Standing Advisory Committee (Overseas) of DBT; Director General of Scientific Organizations (CSIR, 2 DRDO, ICMR); President of Scientific Societies and Academies of all India character; Chairman UGC; Vice Chancellors/Directors of Universities and Deemed Universities; Directors of National Research Laboratories and Advisor/Member (Science).
- Application should include a certificate testifying the minority character of the Institution where the Applicant is working.
- Original + four copies of the application/nomination must be forwarded latest by July 15, 2019 to the Vice Chancellor, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi 110062. A CD/DVD/USB flash drive is also required containing digital photograph (JPEG format), duly filled proforma and significant publications (PDF format) of the candidate. The envelope should be superscribed with ‘Application/Nomination for Sayeeda Begum Women Scientist Prize’.
Presentation of the Prize:
- The name of the Awardee will be announced during the next Founders day of Jamia Hamdard.
- The Award will be presented during the convocation of Jamia Hamdard.
- In all matters of the Award, the decision of Jamia Hamdard shall be final.
The application form can be found on page number 3 of this document.