Applications are now invited for Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2020 for Girls Students who have just completed their Class XII studies.
Sashakt Scholarship is a one-of-its-kind initiative to encourage young women across India to prepare for and pursue a career in science. It provides a level playing ground to girl students, especially from rural India and low socio-economic backgrounds, to get access to quality education in some of India’s best science institutions by offering financial support and mentorship throughout their undergraduate studies.
- Encourage and support young, academically bright girls to pursue science studies.
- Address the attrition of girl students in science during the transition from school to college.
- Financially empower rurally and economically challenged girls to access the best science education in India.
- To contribute more women scientists as mentors and achievers to India and the world.
- The scholarship covers all three years of study towards earning a B.Sc. degree.
- Limited scholarships available, for students securing admissions in any of the 12 listed science colleges.
- With a lead woman scientist as a mentor, the scholars are guided through the crucial stages of their education, apart from having a role model for a career in science.
- The scholarship award is Rs 2,40,000 (Rs 80,000/ year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses, and basic living costs.
Who can Apply?
Bright, young girls with a record of academic excellence, confident of getting admission in India’s best science colleges, can apply as soon as they complete their Class XII examinations. Only students who opt to study pure/natural science courses for their graduation are eligible for this scholarship. Preference will be given to students with rural backgrounds, economically weak backgrounds, and interest in scientific research.
The scholarship will be given only to students who have confirmed admissions to any of the colleges listed.
- Bangalore: Christ University; Mount Carmel College; St Joseph’s College; The Oxford College of Science.
- Chennai: Madras Christian College; Stella Maris College; Women’s Christian College.
- Delhi: Miranda House: Hindu College; St. Stephen’s College; Kirori Mal College; Hansraj College; ARSD; Gargi College.
- Hyderabad: St. Francis Degree College for Women; St. Ann’s College for Women.
- Kolkata: Vivekananda College; Madhyamgram.
- Mumbai: Mithibai College; St Xavier’s College; Sophia College for Women.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the Sashakt Scholarship need to upload the following documents:
- X Std. Certificate (Mandatory)
- X Std. Mark sheets (Optional)
- XII Std./ 10+2 Mark sheets (Mandatory)
- XII Std./ 10+2 Certificate (Optional)
- Income Certificate (Mandatory for household income less than Rs 5 lakhs)
- Disability Certificate (Mandatory for PwD Candidates)
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is August 15, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-40-65343424
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in MIT Solve Learning for Girls & Women 2020 [Prizes Rs 7.50L]: Submit by Jun 18.