Registrations are open for the SAP Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge 2021.
Do you have an awesome idea to solve a social or environmental problem? Are you ready to take action, but don’t know where to start? You’re not alone.
The 2021 Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge will take you from idea to entrepreneur – helping bring your idea to life AND sharpening your social business skills!
The Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge is all about supporting young people (18-30) to take entrepreneurial action on social and environmental issues that matter to you.
- Everyone who enters receives a package of FREE startup support and mentoring to develop their idea.
- The first 500 applicants will receive a VIP ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021.
- The best idea solutions will compete for cash prizes and funding pots of up to $10,000!
- Finalists will receive global recognition and exposure at the Social Enterprise World Forum 27-29 Sept 2021.
- The Challenge is open to anyone 18-30 years old.
- You can enter on your own or as a team (up to 5 members). Team participation is strongly encouraged.
- They are looking for a business solution to an environmental or social issue. This can be a non-profit or for-profit idea but must be at an early stage (less than one year old with no significant funding in place).
- A selection of $10,000 cash prizes are on offer for the best ideas PLUS a package of mentoring and other support.
- There are prizes for runners up too, and all shortlisted ideas get opportunities for global recognition and media publicity.
- Watch out for special category and country prizes that will be announced soon.
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Impactful: Will the business idea solve an important social or environmental problem?
- Innovative: Is the idea insightful, and potentially a breakthrough solution to the problem?
- Feasible: Could the idea be implemented with financial and mentoring support?
- Scalable: Does this idea have the potential to be expanded on a larger scale?
Submissions that include a short video pitch (less than 60 seconds) will receive additional points in the evaluation.
How to Register?
Interested applicants can register for the SAP Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge 2021 through this link.
July 16, 2021