Samsung India Electronics Private Limited is at the forefront of empowering India’s youth with education through technology. But Samsung’s role does not end here. It goes beyond. Samsung as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives has instituted the Star Scholar program (“Program”).
The scholarship program is applicable for students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs) currently pursuing a full term BE/B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) course only in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India.
Applicants will be eligible to receive scholarships, if they meet the defined eligibility criteria mentioned in these Rules and by following the procedures provided herein.
- The scholarship is available for student(s) who have graduated from any JNV (10th or 12th grade pass), run by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Currently pursuing a full term BE/B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech +M.Tech) course (“Degree Course”) in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India as mentioned in list of Institutes available on the Samsung India Star Scholar website (hereinafter ”Institute”). Any other courses like B.ARCH/BSC/MSC etc. are not covered under this Program.
- Duration of the scholarship will be for one (01) academic year, extendable to subsequent three and Four (03/04) years for B.E./B. Tech. Degree and Dual Degree courses respectively based on fulfilment of eligibility criteria and selection approval by Samsung.
- Applicants in the first year of scholarship will be selected on the basis of their all India rank which is common rank list (CRL) in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- Subsequent to 1st year, scholarship to Applicants from 2nd to 4 th year or 2nd to 5 th year (as applicable) shall be available if
- The Applicants have received the Scholarship for all preceding applicable years and;
- The Applicants have a SGPA or CPGA grade rating of 5 or above for immediate previous two (02) semesters
- Applicants selected for Scholarship under the Program shall not avail any other financial assistance or scholarship from any Institute, Government or Non-Government source, during their pursuance of the Degree Course. Applicants receiving fee waiver from the Institute based on socio-economic criteria laid down by the Institute are eligible to apply, provided that the waiver is reflected in the official fee structure of the Institute. Such applicants must declare the same in the application form and not claim the amount which is waived off as per the fee structure of the Institute applicable to them.
- All Applicants must be in good standing with the Institute to receive the Scholarship support.
- Applicants who have not completed Eighteen years (18) of age at the time of application must have their parent(s)’ / legal guardian(s)’, counter sign the Application Form. In the event that there is a constraint of meeting the submission deadline, parent(s) / legal guardian(s) shall submit a declaration in original and in the format, as prescribed by Samsung, within 10 days of the submitted form. In case, the Applicant fails to submit the declaration by the parent/legal guardian, Samsung reserves the right to cancel the application of the Applicant.
- If an Applicant fails to receive scholarship in the current year, he/she will be ineligible to receive future Scholarships.
- Selected Applicants will be entitled to annual scholarship amount upto Indian Rupees Two Lakh (INR 2,00,000/-) only for expenses related to tuition fee including (examination fee & registration fee), hostel and mess expenses only as certified by Institute Dean/authorized PIC in the student application form and as specifically mentioned in section 7 of these Rules.
- Scholarship amount support will be paid out against actual verified submitted receipts for expenses.
- Applicants are responsible for their administrative expenses such as refundable deposits, one time fees, Institute fees, transportation, insurance, personal spending money, medical cost, incidentals (photocopy, phone calls, etc.), supplemental study courses and materials and /or other expenses undertaken by them during his /her degree duration at the Institute. The scholarship amount will not be paid out for these expenses.
How to Apply?
- Applicants can apply for the Scholarship by submitting a completed application form, duly verified and signed by the authorised signatory of the Institute.
- Application should enclose all relevant documents (fees receipts, official fee structure) as required, for the form to be considered complete and eligible by the Samsung Selection Committee
- Original applications forms must be sent as a hard copy (print format) along with all supporting receipts as mentioned in the application form to Samsung by the deadline as mentioned in the application form, with a scanned copy mailed to email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application forms are available here.
- The application must be sent to:
STAR SCHOLAR Program
Corporate Citizenship (CRO)
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,
20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road,
Sector – 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India
January 25, 2021
For more details, click the link below.