Samsung India is at the forefront of empowering India’s youth with education through technology. But Samsung’s role does not end here. It goes beyond. Samsung India as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives has instituted the Samsung Star Scholar program.
The scholarship program is applicable for students of a Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs) currently pursuing a full term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) course in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India.
Applicants will be eligible to receive scholarships if they meet the clearly defined eligibility criteria mentioned in the Rules and by following the procedures provided herein.
- The scholarship is available for student(s) graduating from any JNV (10th, 12th-grade pass), run by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Applicant should be currently pursuing a full-term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech +M.Tech) course in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India as mentioned as Annexure I.
- Duration of the scholarship will be for one (01) academic year, extendable to subsequent three (03) years for B. Tech. Degree course based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria and selection approval by Samsung.
- First-year Applicants will be selected on the basis of their All India Rank (AIR) in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
Selected Applicants will be entitled to annual scholarship amount upto Indian Rupees Two Lakh (INR 200,000/-) only for expenses related to tuition, examination fee, hostel and mess charges only as certified by Institute Dean/ authorized PIC in the student application form.
How to apply?
- Applicants can apply for the Scholarship by submitting a completed application form, duly verified and signed by the Institute authorised signatory.
- Application should enclose all relevant documents, as required, for the form to be considered complete and eligible by the Samsung Selection Committee.
- Original applications forms must be sent as a hard copy (print format) along with all receipts to Samsung India by the deadline of December 10, 2019. The applications a declaration forms are available at Samsung India Website – http://www.samsung.com/in/microsite/sapne-hue-bade/starscholar The application may be sent to: SAMSUNG STAR SCHOLAR Corporate Citizenship (CRO) Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd., 20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road, Sector – 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India.
- Forms are available for download from November 10, 2019 here.
- Last date for submission for application and all related documents: December 10, 2019