About the Internship
The “SAHKAR MITRA Scheme on Internship Program” (SIP) is an arrangement where NCDC will provide short term (not exceeding four months) opportunity to young professionals acquire learning experience by applying skills and knowledge in organizational context to facilitate professional development.
The programme aims at providing an opportunity to professional graduates to get experience in areas of functioning of NCDC and related aspects of cooperatives.
- To provide a deep immersion opportunity to professional graduates on the role, contribution and impact of NCDC and also cooperatives.
- To enable the professional graduates, learn the context and practical working of NCDC and cooperatives.
- To orient professional graduates to the cooperative business model and engage themselves in start-up cooperatives
- To enable professional graduates take up leadership and /or entrepreneur roles in FPO organized under Cooperative Acts.
- To assist needy cooperatives in preparation of business plans and projects.
Number of Interns and Location
As per the requirement of NCDC, not more than sixty interns at a time, round the year can be at its Regional Offices, LINAC and Head Office. At a time maximum of two interns can be in a Regional Office. Maximum of two interns can be recommended from a particular institution in a year.
A person with any of the following qualifications will be eligible for consideration:-
- Professional graduates with minimum qualification as Bachelor’s degree in Agri/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Sciences/ Fisheries / Horticulture/ Textiles/ Handloom / IT duly recommended by the Head of the Department of the UGC / AICTE / ICAR recognized Universities / Institutions as applicable.
- Professionals (pursuing or completed) MBA AgriBusiness / MBA Coop / M.Com / MCA / MBA Finance / MBA International Trade / MBA Forestry / MBA Rural Dev / MBA Project Management / Inter ICAI / Inter ICWA qualification duly recommended by the Head of the Department of the UGC / AICTE / ICAR recognized Universities / Institutions as applicable.
The intern will be offered the following financial benefits during the course of SIP (4 months):-
- The consolidated monthly amount of Rs. 10,000/- for 4 months towards partly meeting his/her out of pocket expenses: Rs. 40,000/-
- Expenses related to report preparation (lumpsum amount towards data collection, analysis and preparation of report): Rs. 5,000/-
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship programme through this link.
Phone: +91-11-26962478, 26960796
For further details, click here.