IIT Kharagpur is organizing a Rural Drinking Water Technology Hackathon 2019 during May 13-14. Submit proposals by April 12.
About the Hackathon:
The aim of this Rural Drinking Water Technology Hackathon is to explore cost-effective and innovative solutions to address the challenges related to drinking water problems in rural India. The cost-effective solutions will be useful to address rural drinking water-related issues with respect to purification, distribution and uses.
- The Hackathon will explore new ideas on drinking water purification techniques and possibilities at the micro level.
- The selected technologies will be discussed during the workshop on Rural Water Quality and Management (RWQM – 2019) to be organized during 14 – 16 May 2019 at the IIT KGP in association with the University of Edinburgh for better ideation and design of the future technologies.
- New research collaboration and networking opportunities may be explored for young researchers.
Who can participate?
Any UG/PG/Ph.D. students from different universities and research institutions across the country.
- Water Resource Management.
- Social Well-Being.
- Sustainable Technology Adoption.
- Winner team: INR 30,000.
- First runner up: INR 20,000.
- Second runner up: INR 10,000.
Further, the top three innovations/models may be funded by the Design Innovation Centre to carry out the project in association with IIT Kharagpur.
- Deadline to submit the proposal with the solution: April 12, 2019.
- Shortlisting and release of final list: April 19, 2019.
- Final Event: May 13-14, 2019.
How to Apply?
Fill the application form and submit it to somnath[at]iitkgp.ac.in
Dr. Somnath Ghosal
Rural Development Centre, IIT Kharagpur
Phone: 03222 283894