Applications are invited for up to two posts of Research Assistant (RA) on a temporary basis for a Biophysics Project in the Soft Condensed Matter Group of the Institute.
The position is for 1 year and may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years, with regular evaluation. The First 6 months of appointment will be under probation. We seek motivated individuals with good academic background with an aptitude to explore and master the functioning and use of scientific equipment and eagerness to learn new techniques.
RA will be responsible for fabrication, characterization, and setting up single-cell detection devices to study mechanical properties of cells/ molecules in a Biophysics project in the Soft Condensed Matter group at RRI/
- M.Sc./ M.Tech or B.E./ B.Tech in any field with at least 1 year of academic research or industrial work experience in building nano and microfluidic devices.
- Experimental work experience in a lab in the fields of microfluidics, optics, biophysics, single-molecule experiments, microscopy, nanodevices, and/or electric and electronic measurements on biological samples will be preferred.
- Familiarity with Arduino/ Raspberry Pi programming languages, LabVIEW, and/ or Matlab is desired.
- Some experience with handling DNA and protein biomaterial is also desirable.
Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 23,500/- with 24 % HRA on the consolidated remuneration per month will be paid to the selected candidates.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply by filling up an online form, and uploading all the relevant documents/ images, including:
- Scanned color copies of educational certificates and mark sheets,
- Curriculum Vitae (1-2 page),
- Statement of purpose (1-2 page), as to what motivates the applicant to apply for the above post and why the applicant is the appropriate choice for the opening,
- A recent passport size photograph and signature, Each applicant would need to provide references of two individuals whom the Institute could contact for referral letters.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is May 16, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below: