- build an independent research career
- focus on your own research, with a limit on administrative and teaching duties
- hold your fellowship on a part-time basis to suit personal circumstances
This scheme is highly flexible to accommodate for part-time working, sabbaticals and secondments.
You can apply for this scheme if you:
- have between three to eight years of research experience since your PhD by the closing date of the round.
- do not hold a permanent post in a university or not for profit research organisation.
- do not hold, or have not previously held, an equivalent fellowship that provides an opportunity to establish an independent research group and therefore independent researcher status.
The scheme provides:
- Research Fellows salary: 80% of the basic salary costs up to £40,681.46 (Rs. 34,72,901 approx) in the first year, estates costs and indirect costs.
- Research expenses:
Contribution to research expenses of £13,000 (Rs. 11,09,786 approx) in year one and £11,000 (Rs. 9,39,049 approx) per year thereafter.
Additional research expenses of up to £40,000 (Rs. 34,14,726 approx) in 2020/21 will also be awarded.
Applications should be submitted through the Society’s grant management system Flexi-Grant.
Deadline for Application: September 3rd, 2019.
For any queries, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org