Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Royal Agricultural University GREAT Scholarships 2022.
About the Scholarship
The Royal Agricultural University is delighted to offer three scholarships to international students.
Prospective postgraduates starting from the following countries can apply for a GREAT Scholarship:
- India (one)
- Nepal (one)
- Turkey (one)
The scholarships are a joint initiative by the British Council and the UK Government, designed to attract some of the brightest postgraduate applicants from around the world to study at UK universities. These scholarships are jointly funded by the British Council, the GREAT Britain Campaign, and the RAU. The scholarship is in the form of a tuition fees waiver.
The scholarship will be made available to full-time postgraduate applicants who have obtained a conditional or unconditional offer for the following full-time taught programme at the RAU:
Please secure an offer for a place on the course before applying for the scholarship.
The scholarship is available for one year of study (12 months).
- You hold a passport from an eligible country.
- You’re planning to study the MSc Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security that begins in September 2022
- You hold a suitable Bachelor’s degree
- You have a background of extracurricular activities or noteworthy experience relating to your subject area
GREAT scholars should be:
- Motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from the RAU postgraduate taught course
- Active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the subject area
- Willing to share experiences, create content and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Comfortable acting as an ambassador for GREAT Scholarships
- Willing to attend GREAT events upon invitation from the British Council
- Willing to speak to potential candidates about their experience of studying in the UK
Each scholarship is worth up to £10,000 towards the tuition fees for a postgraduate taught Master degree programme starting in September 2022.
How to Apply?
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria listed above and you hold a Conditional/Unconditional offer for the postgraduate MSc Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security degree programme at the RAU starting in September 2022 before applying for the GREAT Scholarship
- Complete and return a statement of purpose (three pages maximum) by the deadline provided explaining why you should be awarded the RAU GREAT Scholarship. A personal statement with information on your motivations and goals as well as relevant extracurricular activities and work experience should be provided
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online video interview with the selection committee
- Shortlisted candidates will attend an online interview with the selection committee
- Successful scholars will be informed by the RAU on the result of their applications
Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by the RAU after registration.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and relevant experience. Candidates must submit a statement of purpose. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
June 12, 2022
Please email your GREAT scholarship statement of purpose to email@example.com.