About the Scholarship
Applications are open for Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals 2020-22 at IHE Delft, Netherlands. The strategic partnership between The Rotary Foundation (TRF) and IHE Delft Institute for Water Education aims to tackle the world’s water and sanitation crisis by increasing the number of trained professionals to devise, plan, and implement solutions in developing and emerging countries.
Through this partnership, a limited number of scholarships are awarded annually for graduate students at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s campus in the Netherlands. These scholarships are designed to promote long-term productive relationships between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities.
Rotarians interview and select from local candidates who have already been admitted to one of IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s eligible 18-month Master of Science degree programs.
The specializations of the following IHE Delft MSc programs are eligible for a 2020-2022 Rotary Scholarship:
- Water Management and Governance
- Urban Water and Sanitation
- Water Science and Engineering
Joint specializations of these programmes are not eligible.
Rotary seeks scholars who wish to use their expertise to improve the lives of others in their own communities and around the world. Scholars will be expected to maintain good academic performance and participate in the following activities:
- Provide a monthly update on the educational program and their cultural experiences to Rotarian sponsors in their home country.
- Give at least one presentation at a Rotary club or district event in the Netherlands.
- Give at least one presentation at a Rotary district conference in their home country.
- After returning to their home country, work with Rotarian sponsors on an activity to make a positive impact on water and sanitation in their home community.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for scholarship by filling the application form and submitting the same by email to the Rotary/IHE Delft committee in the Netherlands: rotary.ihescholarship[at]gmail.com.
April 15, 2020