Applications are now open for the Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2021-23. Each year, Rotary awards up to 130 fully-funded fellowships for dedicated leaders from around the world to study at one of our peace centers.
Through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, the Rotary Peace Centers program develops the capacity of peace and development professionals or practitioners to become experienced and effective catalysts for peace. The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Since the program began in 2002, the Rotary Peace Centers have trained more than 1,400 fellows who now work in more than 115 countries. Many serve as leaders in governments, NGOs, the military, education, law enforcement, and international organizations like the United Nations and the World Bank.
- Master’s degree programs: Accepted candidates study peace and development issues with research-informed teaching and a diverse student body. The programs last 15 to 24 months and include a two to three-month field study, which participants design themselves.
- Professional development certificate program: During the one-year blended learning program, experienced peace and development professionals with diverse backgrounds gain practical skills to promote peace within their communities and across the globe. Fellows complete field studies and they also design and carry out a social change initiative. This program is intended for working professionals.
All candidates must:
- Be proficient in English.
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Have a strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace as shown through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service.
Master’s candidates must also:
- Show Potential for leadership
- Have at least three years of full-time experience in peace or development work
Certificate candidates must also:
- Be able to explain how their plan to promote peace aligns with Rotary’s mission
- Candidates for Makerere University: Either be from Africa, have worked in Africa, or work with African communities or initiatives outside the continent.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is May 15, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.