The Rising Star Fellowship Program of the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy at The Freie Universität Berlin seeks to attract outstanding early-career researchers who have completed their doctorates within the last four years – preferably from abroad.
The Rising Star fellows will take part in the research activities of their host-research groups, will be absorbed into existing research networks (CRCs, BBIB, Ph.D. research groups, etc.) and will publish their results together with them.
The fellowship is valued at 2,500 € per month for two years. Additional benefits for the Rising Star fellows are:
- Monthly mobility allowance of 100 € for conferences, research trips, etc., no application necessary. (No other travel or conference support will be provided.)
- Allowances for accompanying family members (monthly allowance of 276 € for spouses; 204 € for each child, provided there is no entitlement to child benefit).
- In the case of single-parents accompanied by children (400 € per month for the first child and 100 € per month for each additional child).
- A one-off subsidy of 800 € towards research costs
- Where applicable: a contribution towards health insurance amounting to 70 € per month.
Applications will be accepted from preferably international researchers who have completed their doctorate within the last four years. Successful applicants may apply for a grant for one of the groups. Applicants whose research projects span two research groups from two different institutes within the department BCP might have a higher chance of success in the case of equal qualification.
How to Apply?
he following documents must be submitted online:
- CV with a list of publications
- Project outline with specific plans as to the cooperation with research groups at Freie Universität of 2 to the max. 4 pages
- Reference letters from two research groups within the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy of FU Berlin
The Fellowship Programme is intended to forge new connections and to further interdisciplinary research. Research fellows may not have had any close relationship with Freie Universität. Interested candidates are requested to email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.