Applications are invited for the Rise Up’s Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) 2021.
About the Programme
The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) is an exciting initiative that is advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally.
Following a competitive selection process, Rise Up will select 22 visionary young people to participate an innovative virtual incubator-style training that integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, advocacy, project funding, and technical support to enable the Youth Champions to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHR in their countries.
Youth Champions Initiative improves the lives of young people by advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice globally. Recent successes include:
- Leveraging WhatsApp in India to deliver youth-friendly mobile instant messaging on SRH;
- Developing an animated television series in Ethiopia about girl super heroines fighting for girls’ health and rights;
- Creating comic books in Pakistan to deliver healthy menstrual hygiene information to girls and their families;
- Teaching youth in the United States to use art, dance, and spoken word poetry to advocate for comprehensive sexuality education.
Eligible candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29
- Residents of: India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda or Louisiana and Mississippi, USA
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health, rights and justice
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, family planning, innovation and/or related fields
- Ability to participate in an online virtual workshop meeting weekly for two hours between October and December 2021. Rise Up will cover all costs related to program participation, including materials and internet costs.
- Proficient in oral and written English
- Support of a registered civil society or non profit organization, network or group
- To be eligible for a grant in association with this project, Rise Up requires organizations to be legally registered in country, be able to receive international funds, and in India to be registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). Entities that are not registered can be sponsored by a legally registered entity.
Rise Up will competitively award $12,000 USD grants to participating Youth Champions and their organizations to launch innovative sexual and reproductive health and rights projects they develop during the Incubator.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the programme through this link.
July 15, 2021
Email: YCIAsia@riseuptogether.org, YCIUS@riseuptogether.org, firstname.lastname@example.org