The Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Kerala invites application for admission to the PhD program (January 2021 session) in various domains of Disease Biology and Plant Science.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is a research institute in India, exclusively devoted to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the state of Kerala in India.
Eligibility for Ph.D. Admission
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade point are eligible to apply. Candidates who are appearing for their final qualifying degree exam or awaiting the qualifying degree result are also eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade point, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently abled candidates.
- Applicants must have a valid JRF Fellowship (UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/ or any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government having a valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
- The upper age limit is 28 years as of March 1st, 2021 Age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST/Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
- RGCB is currently affiliated with the University of Kerala, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Regional Centre for Biotechnology, and Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of Ph.D. degrees.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the academic performance and performance in the national level tests.
- Ph.D. interviews may be held online.
- Guidelines for interviews will be provided to candidates shortlisted for the interview.
- The list of selected candidates will be displayed on the RGCB website.
How to Apply?
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- To apply online, click here.
- Application Fee (Rs. 500) must be paid online using ‘SB Collect’ of State Bank of India through the URL given in the Payment Stage.
- SC/ ST/ EWS candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees.
- The last date for receiving completed applications is 10th March 2021. Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected.
For full notification, click the link below.