The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism offers fully Fellowships to well established mid-career journalists from throughout the world. Applicants must have a minimum of five years’ experience in any branch of journalism and demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English to be able to participate fully in the life of the Programme and write a research paper in English of publishable quality.
Fellowships may be for the three, six or nine months covering one or two terms or a full academic year (October-June) respectively.
- Attend seminars given by a diverse and high-level range of guest speakers who will share their insights into key industry trends and developments.
- Work with an experienced supervisor, usually an Oxford academic, to produce a research paper which will be published and promoted by the Reuters Institute.
- Visit world-class news organisations and gain insights into how they are approaching industry challenges. Previous visits have included trips to Thomson Reuters, The Financial Times, The BBC, The Economist and The Guardian.
- Join trips to key UK cultural and political organisations and institutions. Previous destinations have included Oxfam, the House of Commons and Stratford-upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare.
Below is a list of the materials you will need to complete your applicants.
- A full curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement outlining –
- Your journalistic values.
- The major trends in the media landscape in which you work.
- A summary of what you think you would contribute to the Fellowship programme (no more than 500 words in total)
- A statement of up to 1,000 words explaining your proposed research project.
- A reference from your employer, supporting your application and granting leave of absence.
- A second professional reference (e.g. former employer)
- A sample of your work. (click here to see specific requirements)
How to apply?
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018.
For any question regarding the competition, please write to: email@example.com
For further details on the same, click here.