IIM Bangalore invites application for the position of State Resource Associate [SRA] for the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF). MGNF is a Certificate Program in Public Policy and Management (CPPM) offered by IIM Bangalore that seeks to equip and train individuals for a period of two years to work in state or district administrative activities.
The CPPM is designed with inputs from the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. The MGNF seeks to strengthen local institutions and schemes in helping achieve their potential. The candidate will be a contractual employee of the Center for Public Policy, IIM Bangalore and will be expected to spend most of the time in one of the state capitals of selected states where IIM Bangalore will be offering the program.
In this regard, the candidate is expected to be able to communicate in the language of the state they will work in. We are particularly interested in candidates who are comfortable in Bengali, Haryanvi, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Kokborok, Marathi, and Ordiya. Regular travel to the IIM Bangalore campus to assist with managing the MGF is expected as may be advisable under ongoing Covid-19 outbreaks.
The successful candidate is expected to join a team of academics and practitioners in documentation, planning, assisting with monitoring and evaluation, and helping the MGF participants develop economic development and go-to-market strategies that are driven by district level resources and skills. This will require the candidate to engage with both IIM Bangalore and external stakeholders in the discovery process for district level development processes.
- Master’s in Social Sciences/ Statistics/ Development Studies/Rural Technology/ or related fields with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the development sector. Skills in IT, action research, training and data analysis are preferred.
- Familiarity and ability to use MS Office, and statistical software (R/Stata) is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
- Familiarity with report writing is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working on policy and programmatic issues with multiple stakeholders including national, local governments and civil society organizations including community organizations.
- Attention to detail, planning, and task-orientation
- Travel will be required on the job.
Roles & Responsibilities
The IIMB SRA is responsible for:
- Organize and provide field related supports to the Fellow across the districts.
- Provide all necessary administrative support to the MGNF in coordination with the Program Coordinator
- Organize meeting and assist in providing logistical support to various events held as a part of the MGNF
- Write, review, and produce documents and research materials in coordination with the Program Coordinator.
- Document field level experiences and learning by the participants.
Contractual payment Rs. 45,000 to 55,000/ per month (Based on Experience and Qualification).
Interested and eligible candidates can apply via this page.
Closing date for applications is January 30, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated.