Applications are invited for the six-week long Researching Reality Internship 2019 by Centre for Civil Society (CCS) in Delhi.
About the Internship:
CCS Researching Reality is an annual six-week internship program that offers intensive training in policy-relevant research to undergraduate and graduate students of various disciplines.
In the course of the internship, the interns frame a research question, analyze the data collected through primary and secondary sources, and author a research paper.
While research-guides steer their projects and train them, various experts, academics and practitioners working in the field of public policy provide their knowledge and insights.
Researching Reality is a full-time six-week intensive internship
To be considered for the internship program, a candidate must satisfy one of the following;
- Current student enrolled in an undergraduate/ postgraduate course in any academic or professional discipline.
- International Baccalaureate/Cambridge International Students enrolled in the Diploma program or A Levels.
A candidate must demonstrate:
- Interest in the public policy domain.
- Inquisitive and adept with basic research skills – data collection, inference, and analysis.
- Be open to fun, open and respectable environment.
- Be a team player, have strong analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines.
The Internship is open to both Domestic and International applicants. Assistance is offered for visa applications in ‘Volunteer Category’ for International Students
There is no registration fee to apply for the program.
There is no stipend paid to Interns for the duration. However, reimbursements approved on actuals by the requisite guide/ coordinator for the purpose of research are provided. Interns are requested to make their own living arrangements in New Delhi.
How to Apply?
- Complete the Online Application Form given here; the form additionally consists of two sections dealing with a Statement of Purpose and essays as a writing sample to be considered for the Interview Round.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a personal interview call at the CCS Office in New Delhi; In special circumstances, we do conduct interviews over the phone.
- A weighted proportion score of the Essays and Personal Interview will be used to determine the final list of selected candidates.
- A second-list based on contingency is generated for wait-listed candidates.