Applications are invited for Researcher at JNU, New Delhi for the year 2022. The last date of application is 15 June.
Applications are invited for the post of ‘Researcher’ for the project titled ‘Notes, letters, diaries, posters and pamphlets: Narrating ideas of indigeneity in Jharkhand, India’. This project is funded by the Modern Endangered Archives Programme of the UCLA Library.
- M.A. in History or in any other discipline of the Social Sciences
- Ability to read and write in Hindi and English, and ability to translate from Hindi to English
- Ph.D on any theme related to adivasi histories
- Has a preliminary knowledge of Jharkhand and of adivasi intellectuals in Jharkhand
- Familiarity with one or more adivasi languages in Jharkhand, and preferably Kurukh and Mundari
- Has the experience of working in the archives
Interested candidates are requested to state in their applications why they consider themselves to be suitable for the post. A current CV is to be attached to the application. A testimonial, if provided, would be welcome. Applications are to be sent by email to the following email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date for applying is 15 June 2022.
Rs 30,000 per month and an additional Rs 10,000 as house-rent allowance. The candidate would need to stay in Ranchi during archival research.
You may also be interested in: