ICRISAT seeks application for the position of Research Technician under Digital Agriculture & Youth of Innovation systems for the Drylands Program. This position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana and reports to Scientist -Digital Agriculture.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
- Coordinate and support the data gathering and ground truthing in the implementation of Digital Agriculture projects including Big Data Platforms
- Travel and support any other evolving requirements during crop monitoring in growth seasons
- Support Project Teams by using open data sources and Platforms like Google Earth Engine and software RS/GIS
- Take ownership of necessary data collection, documentation, analysis part of the agreed project deliverables list including user manuals etc.
- Support activities within ICRISAT’s Digital Agriculture themes including organizing meetings and events with stakeholders
- Design and develop learning and other PR materials for Digital Agriculture team
- Bachelors degree in computer applications/ IT or related subjects
- Candidate should have at least 3 to 5 years of experience
- Good written and oral communications skills in English, Hindi and Telugu
- Willingness and aptitude to quickly learn and use new digital tools
- Prior experience in agriculture or allied sectors and working on open data sources and platforms (for more than two years).
- A proactive and approach to work with sincere aptitude in data format design and collection
- Experience in handling data cleaning and use of apps for ground-truthing either in remote sensing (satellite and drones)
- Hands-on experience of on-farm farmer participatory action research trials
- Expertise in GSE, RS/GIS, MS word, power points, excel, Share Point is desirable.
- Knowledge on how the application of Digital Agriculture may enhance crop monitoring, estimation and predictions using Big Data analytics.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for three years’ renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Oct 5, 2020
For more details, click the link below.