ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor.
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Research Technician (Two positions) under ICRISAT Development Center, Asia Program for Odisha Livelihood Mission Project at Odisha. The positions are based at different districts namely, Rayagada and Nabarangpur in Odisha state, India. The position reports to the Principal Investigator of the Project.
- Conduct participatory field trials and demos with farmers in allocated districts of Odisha
- Collect and record high quality data sets required for scientific research
- Train the farmers’/farm facilitators and provide technical support, maintaining improved interventions at benchmark locations
- Collect information from farmers and undertake the crop cutting experiments to record yields and other benefits of demonstration plots
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams along with project partners
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities as entrusted by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Biological Sciences or any agricultural-related degree
- Proficiency in English and Oriya (written and spoken)
- A person with a flair for fieldwork, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
This is a consolidated position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Nov 10, 2020
For more details, click the link below.