The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Research Support Assistant based in India. The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field experience while undertaking cutting-edge development research. The position will be based primarily in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
The RSA will work closely with academic researchers, research associates and other project field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with the designing survey questionnaires, conducting qualitative and quantitative research, running pilot exercises.
- Managing field teams: Recruit, train, and supervise both field-based and data operations teams consisting of project assistants, field managers, field-based surveyors, data entry operators, and other field and office staff.
- Monitor implementation teams: Monitor both field-based and data operations teams to ensure good quality of the data at both data collection and data-entry stages.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, or related fields.
- Prior experience with field data collection is desired but not necessary.
- Experience living in a developing country is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Knowledge of data analysis software is preferred (ideally Stata).
Candidates must have work authorization to work in India. This covers citizens of India, Nepal or Bhutan, Persons of Indian origin (PIO), and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Candidates are requested to submit their application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application.
- Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Phone Number: +1 (617) 324-6566
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org