Applications are invited for the post of Research Scientist at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram.
The Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre is a major space research centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation, focusing on rocket and space vehicles for India’s satellite programme. It is located in Thiruvananthapuram, in the Indian state of Kerala.
No. of Posts
M.Sc degree in Meteorology / Atmospheric Sciences in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of a minimum of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
Nature of Job / Research Field
Data Product generation based on round the clock Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) scheduler mode operation, Data validation & support in calibration and maintenance of RADAR
The position of Research Scientist will be purely on contract basis for a period of 3 years.
Rs. 74,000/- per month
- UR: 35 years
- OBC: 35 years
- SC: 35 years
- ST: 35 years
- EWS: 35 years
- Based on the online bio-data, initial screening/written test will be conducted for shortlisting the candidates for interview. The Centre may adopt the method of conducting written test for initial screening or may directly shortlist the candidates for interview by fixing a higher cut-off percentage of marks scored in the essential qualification course.
- Candidates called for Written Test/Interview will have the option to answer the questions in Hindi also. Please note that the qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make the candidates eligible for written test/interview. If the written test opts for preliminary screening, the written test score will not reflect in the final selection process.
- The final selection will be based on the performance of candidates in the interview only.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Upon on-line registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. The candidates are also advised to take a printout of the online application for future reference.
- The applicant need not send any documents such as print out of online application, copies of certificates/mark lists in proof of educational qualification, work experience, age etc.
Dec 17, 2020
For more details, click the link below.