IBM Bangalore invites applications for Research Scientist for the year 2020. Interested candidates can apply online via the official website.
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today’s most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ph.D in Computer Science OR Electrical Engineering OR Other relevant streams
- Proven track record demonstrated by publications in top-tier conferences and journals, patents, or technical impact.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
You should be proficient in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data and Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Information Extraction, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Blockchain, cognitive interaction technologies.
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience in using C/C++/Java, Distributed systems and applications, Cloud computing, Security
- Agile software development across technologies and languages. Experience with design/development/documentation/version control tools.
- Ability to work with a diverse team with a broad spectrum of skill.
Roles & Responsibilities
IBM is looking for outstanding Researchers who want to work on real-world problems leading to solutions that make a direct and measurable business impact. Researcher candidates should have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or other streams relevant to below project areas, and an exceptional track record demonstrated by publications, patents, or technical impact. IRL is a perfect blend of pure & applied research.
Our current research covers several projects in the areas of:
- Financial Services
- Data Security and Compliance
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- Dialog and Conversational Systems
- Cognitive IoT Platforms and Solutions
- Deep Learning Algorithms & Infrastructure
- Knowledge Extraction Representation & Reasoning
- Natural Language Text Understanding
- Technical Support
As a Research Scientist, you will demonstrate the ability to define research plans and publish research results through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents.You will be expected to organize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions have a significant impact.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.