The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad, invites applications from highly motivated candidates for admission to our Research Scholars Program, beginning August/ September 2021. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to register under the Ph.D. program of Manipal Academy of Higher Education or Regional Centre for Biotechnology. The selection for RSP – I – 2021 shall be based on an entrance examination followed by an interview.
The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts cutting-edge basic and translational research in frontier areas of modern biology.
To be eligible for Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2021, the candidate must have:
- A Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture OR MBBS from a recognized University / Institute. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified for a Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE / BINC / JEST / UGC – RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship.
- Candidates having qualified for Project – JRF under the ICMR funded project Scheme [which is only for a period of two years] OR DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree OR DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list OR LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination are not eligible to apply.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing a Ph.D. at CDFD.
- If a candidate’s fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate can UPDATE the fellowship status preferably before the examination, but positively before the interview.
- Note that having a fellowship is not mandatory for applying for and appearing in the examination, BUT, only candidates with a valid fellowship will be eligible for an interview.
Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 will be based on an interview via video conference; the exact dates will be informed along with the list of candidates shortlisted for the interview. The candidates should be available for more than one round of interviews.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is May 9, 2021.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.