Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (IIG) offers Doctoral Programme in Geomagnetism and Allied Fields pertinent to studies of Solid Earth, Upper Atmosphere and Observatory Data Analysis. Indian Institute of Geomagnetism is a recognized centre for conducting research leading to PhD degree awarded by the following universities in the subjects specified:
- University of Mumbai (Physics)
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur (Physics)
- North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (Physics, Applied Geology)
- SRTM University, Nanded (Geophysics)
- Andhra University, Visakhapatanam (Physics & Geophysics)
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli (Physics & Geophysics)
- NIT Warangal (Mathematics)
No. of Vacancies
Scholarship & Tenure
Tenure and fellowship/stipend to the JRF/SRF are as per prevailing CSIR/UGC guidelines.
- M.Sc./M.Sc. (Tech.) in disciplines Physics/Geophysics/Space Physics/Applied Geology & Applied Mathematics with a minimum of 60% marks throughout and Physics or Mathematics as a subject in B.Sc.
- INSPIRE candidates having qualified PET or equivalent examination from the above-mentioned Universities (1-7) in respective subjects can also apply. Those appearing for Master’s degree final year examination in the year 2021 may also apply.
25 years as on 1st July, 2021
- Candidates who are in possession of the GATE/NET/INSPIRE certificate valid up to January 2022 in the above-mentioned subjects or PET (from universities mentioned above in Eligibility) may be called for the interview directly.
- Candidates who have not qualified for any of the above tests will have to appear for a written test and a personal interview at IIG, Navi Mumbai. However, if selected, they will have to qualify for any of the tests as mentioned in the preamble, within one year.
Place of Research Work
The selected candidate will have to carry out his/her research work either at IIG Headquarters in Navi Mumbai or any one of the regional centres (EGRL-Tirunelveli/KSKGRL-Allahabad/SGRC Shillong) of IIG.
How to Apply?
- Submit your application to email@example.com in a single pdf comprising of application form, self attested copies of the academic (SSC onwards) and other certificates.
- The soft copy of the application form is available here.
- Travel Assistance: Second class train fare by the shortest route will be paid to the outstation candidates, subject to the submission of a photocopy of the valid travel ticket.
April 19, 2021
For more details, click the link below.