The Department of Science & Technology (DST) has taken several pioneering initiatives for promoting women in Science and Technology (S&T) domain. Women Scientist Scheme (WOS) under the KIRAN division specifically addresses challenges confronting women in the realm of S&T who had a break in career by providing suitable opportunities to them to return to mainstream science.
Under Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS) proposals are invited from women scientists and technologists who wish to utilize their scientific knowledge and temperament for the benefit of society. WOS-B focuses on projects leading to S&T based solutions for societal issues & challenges for social benefits. Such projects should deliver possible solutions by way of development of viable technology/technique and/or lab to land technology transfer, its adaptation and scaling up. The project is tenable for a maximum period of three (3) years.
- Agriculture, Food and Environmental Challenges (AFE)
- Strengthening Health Care and Nutrition (HN)
- Energy (ER)
- Water and Waste Management (WWM)
- Engineering and IT Solutions to Societal Issues (EIT)
- Harnessing Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Women having qualifications in science & technology areas and in the age group of 27-57 years with a break in their career but interested in addressing a well-defined/ identified social challenge through viable S & T interventions are eligible to apply. Women working as permanent employees are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Rs. 55,000/- pm for Ph.D. or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.30 lakh).
- Rs 40,000/- pm for M.Phil./ MTech or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.25 lakh).
- Rs 31,000/- pm for M.Sc. or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.20 lakh).
The total project cost includes above fellowship of Principal Investigator (PI), consumables, travel, contingencies, minor equipment but excluding HRA and overheads.
- Interested candidates can submit their proposals online by clicking here.
- Candidates are also requested to send one hardcopy of the submitted proposal to Mrs. Namita Gupta, Scientist – G, KIRAM Division, Department of Science & Technology (DST), Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016. Superscribe the envelope with ‘Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B).
- The last date for proposal submission is April 30, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org