The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India invites research proposals under the Science & Technology of Yoga & Meditation (SATYAM) program from scientists/ academicians/ yoga practitioners, preferably having prior research experience in scientific aspects of ‘Yoga & Meditation’.
Multi-centric, interdisciplinary research proposals are also encouraged. SATYAM is aimed to foster scientific research on the effects of yoga and meditation on physical & mental health and on cognitive functioning in healthy people as well as in patients with disorders.
Basic themes covered under SATYAM include,
- Investigations on the effect of Yoga and Meditation on physical and mental health and well being, and
- Investigations on the effect of basic processes and mechanisms. development and standardization of protocols, consolidation of existing knowledge in the Indian perspective, etc., are also encouraged.
Who can Apply?
Scientists/academicians/ yoga practitioners with a research background in ‘yoga and meditation’ and having regular positions are invited to participate in this initiative. Practitioners actively involved in yoga and meditation practices are also encouraged to apply in collaboration with academic and research institutions of repute.
The project is tenable for a maximum period of three (3) years.
Call for Proposals
- Interested researchers are required to submit research proposals in their area of expertise along with Endorsement Certificate from the Head of the Institution and detailed bio-data of PI and Co-PIs.
- Principal Investigators have to register themselves at e-PMS and then the proposal can be uploaded in the given format.
- Two (2) hard copies of the submitted research proposal should also be sent to Dr. Vandana Singh, Scientist-E, Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016, by Speed Post. The envelope should be superscribed with “SATYAM”.
- To submit your proposals, click here.
- The last date to submit your proposals is April 30, 2020.