Applications are invited for the temporary post of Research Program Manager (Project Officer) at Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI) in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Madras.
About IIT Madras
Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public technical and research university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. As one of the Indian Institutes of Technology, it is recognised as an Institute of National Importance.
Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI), is a premier data science research centre and wishes to recruit a Research Program Manager who has the technical skills and competence to handle various technical and semi-technical requirements for smooth running of the centre.
The Research Program Manager will coordinate with COO to ensure the below-described responsibilities are managed without issues.
Initially for a period of one year but extendable based on the performance.
Qualification and Experience
PG or PhD. Preference given to relevant experience
Rs. 60,000/-pm to Rs. 80,000/- pm
Roles and Responsibilities
- Should have both Technical and Administrative Skills
- Coordinate with COO for conducting RBCDSAI meetings, events and associated activities
- Track RBCDSAI projects, activities, schedules, monitor deadlines, and report any potential delays to the Coordinators.
- Collaborate with RBCDSAI faculty, Researchers and work on Research Topics.
- Prepare grant applications, progress reports, data access applications, Institute Ethics Committee applications, Newsletters.
- Help write Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
- Prepare other required articles, reports, and presentations
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor
- Manage and respond to project related email
- Supervise undergraduate students working on the research project (maintaining records on assignment completion, acting as liaison/mediator between the undergraduate students and the faculty researcher)
- Attend project meetings and Summarize project results
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials, Coordinate Server administration, social media management and other RBCDSAI activities.
- An analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, a successful Project Officer can multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment. They are team players with a high level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
- Thorough familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling computer applications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently, highly organized, ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, troubleshoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge in Data Science and AI, expertise in programming languages such as Python, R etc, and Linux management preferable.
- All the positions are on purely contract basis.
- The completion of the period of contract will not confer any right for further extension, regularization, permanency at the Institute.
- Separate application has to be filled for each post.
- The application cannot be edited, reverted once it is submitted.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
Nov 10, 2021
- Phone: 044- 2257 9796 on all working days from 9.00 AM to 05.30 PM (Monday to Friday – except National Holidays).
- E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org