The Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences (MCNS) was started in 2011 under the Manipal Advanced Research Group (MARG). The primary aim of MCNS is to nurture fundamental research in the Natural Sciences and grow into a hub of excellence within Manipal Academy of Higher Education. In 2012, the fledgling MCNS came into its own as a Centre of Excellence under Manipal Academy of Higher Education. It is one of the first dedicated “all-research” centres to be setup within a University.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal invites applications from eligible candidates for suitable positions at Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences, Manipal a constituent unit of MAHE, Manipal.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Physics- Nuclear and Atomic physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Theoretical physics, Accelerator Physics
- Chemistry- Theoretical chemistry, geochemistry, analytical and experimental chemistry, radiochemistry
- Earth & Planetary Science – Evolutionary and Developmental Biology, Precambrian Geology, Paleontology, Wildlife biodiversity and conservation, geology, planetary science, quantum biology.
- Mathematics- Pure and applied mathematics (non-linear dynamics, foundations of quantum mechanics)
- Computational sciences- including quantum computing, cryptography
Eligibility: PhD from a national or international institute of repute with an excellent publication record
- Eligibility: MTech / MSc / PhD in Physics or a related experimental discipline; must possess excellent experimental, electronic and computational skills
- Experience: Experimental physics/ electronics: Expected to manage the PG Laboratory, design and implement experiments needed for teaching PG courses at the advanced master’s level in a pure research environment.
Radiological Safety Officer
- MSc / MTech in experimental physics or a related experimental/computational area. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the development of specialised laboratories and is also expected to assist research activities in the pure sciences.
- Excellent numerical and computational skills, certification or experience in radiation safety for accelerators or reactors and/or a strong background in neutron physics and/or detector development will be preferred. Strongly motivated candidates with a PhD in a related discipline may also apply.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates may apply with a detailed CV with a photo, copies of certificates in support of qualification, experience, list of publications & research interests on or before May 20, 2020 to:
Deputy Director – HR
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Madhav Nagar, Manipal 576104
Udupi, Karnataka, India
The subject field in the email must contain: Position “name”- Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences, Manipal
May 20, 2020
Phone: 0820 -2922525
For further details, click here.