Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous institute under the administrative control of Govt. of Odisha. In 2002, it was taken over by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
ILS Bhubaneswar invites applications from Indian Nationals to join in the following positions coterminous with the project duration.
Anti-viral screening platform for viral diseases: with special reference to COVID-19.
1. Research Associate-I
- No. of Posts: 01
- Eligibility: Ph. D. in Biotechnology/Life Sciences or allied subjects. The ideal candidate has to be competent in viral infection, animal handling, cell culture, Flow Cytometric Analysis, Viral plaque assay, RT-PCR etc. A decent publication record from Ph.D. work is also expected. Candidates who have submitted Ph.D. thesis and are waiting for viva voce may also apply; for such candidates, the fellowship amount will be that of a SRF until he/she defends the thesis.
- Fellowship: Rs. 47,000/- + HRA@16%
2. Project Associate – I
- No. of Posts: 02
- Eligibility: Masters in Biotechnology, life sciences and allied branches and having secured 60% aggregate marks (50% for OBC/ST/SC) are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to candidates having NET-JRF/NET-LS/GATE qualification with research experience in virology, molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry. For Non-NET/GATE applicants the amount of fellowship will be as per the DST guideline.
- Age Limit: The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 20 th May, 2021. Age relaxation will be given to the candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
- Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- + HRA@16%
3. Technical Assistant
- No. of Posts: 02
- Eligibility: Masters in Biotechnology, Life Sciences or allied branches are eligible are eligible to apply. Research experience in virology, molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry will be preferred.
- Fellowship: Rs 25,000/- per month.
How to Apply?
Interested/eligible candidates apply for the post by sending the below-mentioned application forms along with self-attested copies of mark sheets, certificates and experience details to “The Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023”. Superscribe the envelope with “Advt. no. / Date & Application for the position of ………………..”.
- Application Form: Research Associate-I
- Application Form: Project Associate–I
- Application Form: Technical Assistant
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. The decision of the Director regarding the selection of candidates will be final and no further correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Selection will be carried out through application screening, followed by an online interview process.
Note: All communication will be through e-mail. No separate call letter will be issued to the candidates.
- Last date for receiving an application: 20.05.2021
- Date of display of shortlisted candidates in ILS website: 25.05.2021
- Date & time of interview: will be notified on the website
For more details, click the link below.