CHG faculty work on problems that lie at the interface of modern genetics and medicine, evolutionary biology, cancer biology and related disciplines. Besides offering training leading to a Master’s degree in Human Disease Genetics under the aegis of Bangalore University, CHG conducts short-term courses and training programs in human genetics and molecular cytogenetics. It also offers clinical services including genetic counselling for a range of genetic disorders and inborn errors of metabolism.
In partnership with the Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health, CHG conducts a post-MD fellowship program in Pediatric Genetics; the degree is awarded by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Interested candidates are invited to apply for a research position leading to a Ph.D., with the degree to be awarded by Manipal University.
Applicants who wish to carry out research towards a Ph.D. are expected to have:
- a Master’s degree in Science or an MBBS degree,
- cleared the CSIR/UGC National Entrance Test in the Life Sciences or the ICMR-JRF or an equivalent examination, and
- assured financial support, for instance from a Junior or Senior Research Fellowship awarded by CSIR or ICMR.
- Potential applicants are invited to go through the information provided on the
- The application should include a cv, marks obtained in the 10th and 12th standard and B.Sc., M.Sc./MBBS degree exams along with a recent photograph and a brief statement
explaining why the applicant is interested in doing a Ph.D. in Human Genetics.
- At least two referees should be requested to submit letters of recommendation
- The last date for receipt of completed applications (and the letters of recommendation) is Nov 30.
For any queries, contact
Centre for Human Genetics
Biotech Park, Electronic City Phase 1
Bangalore 560 100