Applications are invited for Research Position in Condensed Matter Theory Under SERB Funded Project at JNU for the year 2022. The last date of application is 5 March.
Applications are invited from highly competent candidates for a temporary research position funded by SERB (India) under the Core Research Grant project of Prof. Brijesh Kumar at the School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
The successful candidate will be hired either as a Research Associate or as a Research Fellow, according to the work experience and suitability required for this project titled “Investigations on the problem of quantum oscillations in Kondo and other insulators”.
- To be considered for the Research Fellow position, it is essential for the candidate to have passed MSc in Physics with no less than 60% marks (and not earlier than 2015), qualified CSIR-UGC NET (lectureship), and to have at least two years of research experience in doing quantum many-body theory with strong computational skills.
- To be considered for the Research Associate position, it is essential for the candidate to have a PhD degree based on theoretical research in strongly correlated systems, and to also satisfy the eligibility as given above for Research Fellow position.
- Candidates with a research experience on Kondo problems and quantum oscillations will be given preference.
To apply for this position, the applicants are required to send the following documents (merged into a single pdf file) to Prof. Brijesh Kumar on his email (bkumar[at]jnu.ac.in) :
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV
- Copies of MSc mark-sheet, NET certificate, research experience/PhD degree
- Brief statement of research interests.
Application deadline: 05 March 2022.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Position in Condensed Matter Theory Under SERB Funded Project at JNU.
You may also be interested in: