Dr. Debarka Sengupta’s laboratory at Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-Delhi) and Professor Colleen Nelson’s laboratory at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) are jointly hiring for a Ph.D. position in the fields Genomics, Bioinformatics, and Computational Oncology.
Upon successful completion of the degree requirements, the candidate will be conferred a joint Ph.D. by QUT and IIIT-D. The candidate will primarily be homed at IIIT-D; however, s/he will spend a substantial duration (at least 18 months) at QUT.
IIIT-Delhi was established as a State University by the Delhi Government, under the aegis of the ‘Directorate of Training and Technical Education’. The institute has been operating from its permanent campus at Okhla Phase III since Aug 2012. The 25-acre campus has state-of-the-art facilities for teaching and research.
- MS/ M.Tech from a premier institute (IISC, IIT, IIIT, etc.) in a relevant engineering discipline (CSE, ECE, BIOTECH, etc.).
- Exceptional B.Tech. candidates may also be considered.
- Scientific integrity, team spirit, self-motivation, indomitable passion for science, and perseverance.
- Exceptional skills in Python, C, C++, Shell, and Perl (optional).
- A high degree of familiarity with the UNIX environment.
- Foundational knowledge in molecular biology/oncology.
- Ability to understand mathematical content.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send their resume and an SOP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th April 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Research Posts (B.E./ B.Tech with CSE/ ECE) at IIIT Delhi [Monthly Salary Rs. 38k]: Apply by May 11.