Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD) Bhubaneswar is looking for Research and Operations Associate for the year 2020.
As Research and Operations Associate you will support research, operations, and the scaling of activities in India by overseeing implementation of operations om the ground, including: project management, data collection, monitoring and analysis of service usage, user database management, external relations, human resources & administrative tasks. PAD’s Associates work closely with the relevant Research and Operations Managers, State and Program Leads, Chief Economist and Director of Research, and Deputy Country Director.
PAD is a rapidly scaling global non-profit that harnesses the power of technology, data science and behavioral economics to provide targeted information to farmers in developing countries. Providing the right information to the right people, in the right way and at the right time, increases incomes, protects the environment and improves well-being.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of economics and familiarity with randomized evaluations.
- 0-2 years of work experience, prior work experience in a developing country context preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of STATA or R.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English and Hindi a must. Basic proficiency in Odiya is a plus.
- Attention to detail and strong self-motivation to solve problems.
- Work authorization in India.
- Willingness to travel frequently to field sites.
The Research and Operations Associate will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Supervise implementation of field operations and research activities.
- Hire, train, and supervise local staff
- Manage office and maintain physical infrastructure.
- Supervise data management activities, monitor usage of the PAD product, clean and analyze data, support complementary monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- Work with researchers to ensure that projects adhere to organizational policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Develop and regularly update project documentation.
- Assist in managing partner and external stakeholder relations toward the effective implementation of field operations.