TISS’s off-campus at Hyderabad is the knowledge partner of the State Resource Centre for Women (SRCW) with the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Telangana set up under the scheme of the National Mission for Empowerment of Women (NMEW). The SCRW aims to prepare state action plans on issues related to women and to ensure the implementation of gender-sensitive programs, laws, and schemes.
It is mandated to work on intersectoral issues affecting women by undertaking research, maintaining gender-related data, and engaging in training and capacity building programs for enhanced understanding of women’s issues and issues related to women from vulnerable and marginalized communities in particular.
Applications are invited from committed and motivated individuals with experience of working on women’s issues for the following positions in the State Resource Centre for Women, located in the Directorate, Women Development, and Child Welfare, Government of Telangana, Hyderabad. These positions are to be filled in for a period of one year and may be extended further depending on the continuation of the project.
Research Officer, Research Assistant
- For Research Officer: Master’s Degree in Social Work/Economics/Women’s Studies/Law/Governance/any other related field; Minimum experience of 2 years in Research field; Must have computer knowledge and ability to work in various MS Office, data analysis packages like SPSS, STATA, etc. Previous experience of working with the government.
- For Research Assistant: Graduate in any discipline; Typing speed of 30 wpm is essential, minimum work experience of 3 years. Desirable: Diploma in Computer applications; Managing computer systems and hardware.
- Collate and document information, gender-disaggregated data relating to various sectoral areas like livelihoods, health, education with regard to women.
- Undertake empirical as well as desk-based studies to review the implementation of gender-sensitive health policies and programs.
- Assist specialist Gender to undertake research studies to assist in framing policies and programmes under the convergence mandate of the Mission.
- Undertake any other activity as may be required to further the aims and objectives of SRCW.
For Research Officer: Rs. 26,250 p.m.
For Research Assistant: Rs. 15,750 p.m.
- Interested candidates are requested to bring with them 1. Detailed resume stating contact details, education, employment, skills, and three references.
- Bank draft for Rs. 300/- as processing fees, drawn in favor of ‘Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad campus’, payable at Hyderabad. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Original certificates for verification and copies to be submitted.
- Interested candidates may please report to Ms. Swetha Shenoy, Student Coordinator by 10.45 am at the following address: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad off-campus K.B. Campus, Turkayamjal, Nagarjuna Sagar Road, Hyderabad 501510
Phone Number: 7995007701