About the Workshop:
Keeping in perspective the need for quality research and utilizing modern statistical tools for handling research data in most efficient manner the proposed Course aims to provide the resources and expertise for the benefit of the researchers pursuing research. The theme of the workshop is
what is there beyond significance level and how to improve the quality of research based on primary data research studies.
The greater number of researchers are doing and concluding their research at the level of significance. Many researchers get very excited when they have discovered a “significant” finding, without really understanding what it means. Do you think that getting significant level is an end point in their research? Is it a quality of research at the MPhil or PhD level? When a statistics is significant, it simply means that you are very sure that the statistic is
reliable. It doesn’t mean the finding is important.
- All registered Ph.D scholars in recognized Indian university/research institute from any branch of Social Sciences may send their application for this Research Methodology cum quality improvement program.
- The candidates should have basic knowledge of statistics and computer application.
- Selected candidates would be informed 15 days in advance of commencing the workshop.
- The maximum intake for the Course shall be 30 seats (20 for out station and 10 for local). Those who have attended any such type of program sponsored by either UGC or ICSSR should not apply.
- Leave is not allowed during the training
- The selection committee will select the participants for the Course based on the stage of their research work, write-up in 500 words about your research and CV.
- The supervisor of the participant should certify that applicant has not attended any such kind of workshop during his/ her research tenure.
- The selected participants are requested to bring their own Laptops to get hands-on experience on the statistical software during the Course.
- Interestedcandidates may apply to Course Director along with the duly printed filledregistration form and a write-up on their PhD/research area in 500 words on or before 31 December 2017.
- Registration form is enclosed with the brochure.
- Registration form can also be downloaded from the university website.
- The candidates are required to send the registration form to Course Director both in hard and soft copies duly forwarded by their PhD supervisor and Head of the Department with following enclosures:
1. Duly filled in prescribed Registration Form
2. A write-up on your PhD / research area in 500 words
3. Brief CV of the applicant
4. PhD registration/supportive documents
Registration Fee, TA and Accommodation:
There is no registration fee for the Course. Boarding and lodging are also free for the participants. Accommodation to out station participants will be provided on twin sharing basis. Travelling allowances (TA) is payable only for sleeper /class Normal Bus fare as per ICSSR rules and Guide Lines. The participants, to claim TA should present original tickets.
Duration of the course, important dates & venue:
- The workshop is planned to be completed in ten days’ starting from 29 January to 7 February 2018.
- Last date for submission of application form is 31st, December 2017
- Notification for selected candidates will be on 5th January, 2018 through the registered email
- Venue: Department of Commerce, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
For further details, please visit the link given here