The Department of Tourism and Hotel Management in Amal College of Advanced Studies, Nilambur in collaboration with Kerala State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) is organizing a National Workshop on Research Methodology in Social Science with special focus on Tourism & Hospitality Sector on 16th & 17th January 2020 at Amal College of Advances Studies, Nilambur.
The workshop is designed to hone research skills, impart theoretical knowledge and build methodological capacity among faculty members, researchers and graduate students.
Objectives of the Workshop
- To provide social science and hospitality faculties, researchers and graduate students with key insights, core concepts and skills that are needed to conduct and publish high quality research.
- To bring together social science researchers and expose them to conceptual and methodological approaches, and enhance your skills in publishing research in national and international journals.
- To foster dialogue and networking opportunities among researchers and academics to address the challenges in researching.
The workshop will discuss following topics:
- Introduction to research
- Introduction to empirical research & basic statistical analysis
- Data construction and SPSS
- Univariate and Bivariate Analysis
- Report writing
- Introduction to multi variate analysis
Name Of Organiser
The Department of Tourism and Hotel Management in Amal College of Advanced Studies, Nilambur
About The Organizer
Amal College of Advanced Studies is a NAAC AGrade Accredited Post Graduate College established by The Nilambur Muslim Orphanage Committee (NMOC) in the year 2005. The College started functioning with three Programmes. The college comes under section 2 F& 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956. The college is a Minority Educational Institution, covered under section 2(g) of the National Commission for Minority Educational Institution Act, 2004.
As the programme consist of both theoretical and practical, the entry restricted to 40 numbers. It will be allotted as first come first serve basis:
Research Scholars: ₹1000/-
Reg. Fee includes Workshop Materials, Lunch & Tea (Two days)
- As the workshop is based on practical sessions, all participants are requested to bring their own laptops for attending the workshop.
- All the participants are requested to install SPSS software in their laptop.
- Dormitory accommodation will be available on request for outstation candidates with a cost of Rs.200/head per day. (Please contact Mr. Janeesh Babu on 9846165888 for booking accommodation)
For registration, please fill up the google form by clicking this link.
Mr. Shemeer Babu T, Head,
Dept. of Tourism and Hotel Management
9895 996 066
Mr. Anujith S, Programme Convenor
9446 337 600
Mr. Hafees V K, Joint Convenor
9447 815 650
Mr. Janeesh Babu K P, Joint Convenor
9846 165 888
Official email: firstname.lastname@example.org