Applications are invited for Research Manager- Projects at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2022. The last date of application is 20 January.
The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) established the NSE Centre for Behavioral Science in Economics, Finance, and Marketing (CBS) in December 2019.
This Centre is equipped with sophisticated infrastructure and technology to conduct experiments and discover how different aspects of behavioural sciences impact processes and outcomes in diverse disciplines. The laboratory is equipped with specialized equipment like eye-tracker, EEG and GSR device.
The objective of CBS is to conduct research in the areas of cognitive sciences and business, in particular, economics, finance, marketing and organisation behavior.
- PhD/ FPM in the areas related to Economics, Marketing, Finance, cognitive/ neuroscience with work in behavioural topics within these subject areas.
- Experience of at least three years preferred, applying experimental research methods and / or neuro methods in business, economics, finance, or marketing, will be desirable.
- Know-how related to instruments like EEG, Eye Tracker, fMRI and GSR will be preferred.
- Experience working on large datasets using STATA / R / Python
- A very good written and oral command of the English language is required.
- Industry engagement while not required would be considered a plus
IIMA is looking for a self-motivated, highly active and productive academic, who will be expected to do research and also support the running of the laboratory and consult other researchers on the use of the experimental method.
Research and consultation responsibilities:
- Conceptualise and write research paper in areas mentioned above for publication, in coordination with faculties,
- Assist faculties with their research experiments,
- Consultation of researchers on experimental method,
- Programming of laboratory administration applications.
- Maintenance of technical laboratory infrastructure,
- Development of procedures and rules for laboratory use,
- Support of ethics approval processes,
- Administration of recruitment of participants for experiments,
- Organizational support for running experiments,
- Administrative support for the faculty members of CBS,
- Support Chairperson of Center in outreach and engagement with industry
Compensation will be commensurate with the qualification and experience.
Tenure of the appointment
The appointment is initially for One year with a potential for extension based on performance.
- Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- The last date of application is 20 January.
The selected candidate will be working from IIM Ahmedabad campus. IIMA provides access to the library and computer center. If selected, the candidate is expected to manage their own accommodation, outside the IIMA campus which is centrally located within the city of Ahmedabad.
You may also be interested in: