Applications are invited for Research Internship for Ph.D. University Student in Epitaxy at Facebook Reality Labs, Ireland.
About the Internship:
Facebook Reality Labs (Ireland) is looking for an exceptional and highly self-motivated intern to help us develop efficient light emitting devices and assemblies for the next generation of AR and VR Displays.
Formation and understanding of epitaxial layers is a key enabling technology in the fabrication of micro-LEDs. The Facebook facility in Cork is undertaking challenging industrial research in this area on red, green and blue devices.
This position is particularly suited for electronic materials or physics postgraduate student who wishes to further develop their skill in a vibrant, multidisciplinary and fast-moving research environment.
The internships are twelve (12) or sixteen (16) weeks in length with various start dates throughout the year.
- Emphasis on micron-scale light-emitting (LED) diode device characterization and testing.
- Explore the integration of novel materials and fabrication methods into micron-scale LEDs towards enhanced display performance.
- Development of customized characterization methods to explore device properties related to, for example, optical polarization and micro- and nano-scale light-matter interactions.
- Active involvement in the data analysis and simulation to evaluate the impact of the results on future device performance.
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results.
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines.
- Currently studying for a full-time Ph.D. in electrical engineering, physics or material science and able to return to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Knowledge of solid-state and device physics of optoelectronic materials (i.e., electronic band theory).
- Knowledge of light-matter optical theory (i.e., geometric, diffraction, and wave optics).
- Extensive hands-on experience with experimental optics.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Must be available for a 3-4 month internship between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Demonstrated relevant industry experience via an internship or work experience.
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at international peer-reviewed journals or conferences.
- Knowledge of Python, Matlab or Labview Programming.
Click here to apply.