Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the 6-months Research Internship Opportunity – Energy Mobility at Ola, Delhi.
Ola Cabs is an Indian multinational ridesharing company offering services that include vehicle for hire and food delivery. The company is based in Bengaluru, Karnataka. As of October 2019, Ola was valued at about US$6.5 billion. A variety of venture capitalists including Softbank have large stakes in the company.
You will be an integral part of the team that will create databases, analyze and visualize Energy-related data in India and elsewhere (especially other Commonwealth markets like Australia, New Zealand, UK).
You will add to the team’s writing and analytical abilities and ideally contribute to the quantitative, presentation. You will be assessed on the basis of your commitment, creativity, and ability to make compelling arguments and analysis that invokes appreciation beyond words. You will learn about how data is the holy grail for decision-making and the role of energy in mobilizing cities, in India and elsewhere.
The research team is experienced in understanding all forms of propulsion technology, and methods to study at scale. The team has educational backgrounds in architecture, urban planning, political science, development economics, mathematics, sociology, policy making and entrepreneurship.
Your areas of interest should include propulsion technology, energy efficiency, fuel technology, renewable energy, and mobility with special focus on ability and tools to visualize data. Your scope of work includes –
Research and Presentation-based knowledge products (75% of time required)
- Secondary research: Prepare a repository of energy and vehicle related data and documents, based on which projections can be made for transformation.
- Co-relate different parameters and carry out regression analyses to make sense of different parameters affecting mobility.
- Prepare briefs on policy issues & submissions relevant to OMI’s Energy and mobility related work
- Identify opportunities for impactful research and presentation
Creating Design and Graphics to visualize data and compile the product (25% of time required)
- Produce material to communicate research outcomes and analytical content that is graphically pleasing to civil society, businesses, non-technical audiences, media, the government and other stakeholders
- Relevant presentation and engagement in a research-oriented forum.
Required Attributes and Qualifications
- Pursuing Post graduation or Undergraduation in fields of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with interest specific to future fuels and New Energy Vehicles, Energy and Electricity related policies.
- Exceptional ability to write and create tools.
- Strong analytical research skills and aptitude for numbers
- Ability to comprehend data and prepare impactful messages using visualisation
- Highly organised and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to understand patterns of energy growth, technological changes and policies concerning energy relating to mobility
Duration of Internship
6 months internship
How to apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.