Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Research Internship at Seagate, Pune.
Seagate Technology Holdings plc, is an American data storage company. It was incorporated in 1978 as Shugart Technology and commenced business in 1979. Since 2010, the company has been incorporated in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Fremont, California, United States.
About the Internship
This position is part of Seagate Research Group (SRG). Seagate delivers advanced digital storage solutions to meet the needs of today’s consumers and tomorrow’s applications.
Through technology, leadership, and innovation, Seagate continues to help individuals and businesses maximize the potential of their digital content in an ever-evolving, on-demand world.
As a Ph.D. Intern, you will work full time on projects at Pune in assisting Seagate Research Architect/leads in the area of most cutting-edge research in storage technologies.
In this position, you will be responsible for investigating emerging technologies in storing data efficiently, which create data in new frontiers from AI/ML/mobility/automotive.
You will potentially explore new mechanisms in electronic hardware modeling and prototyping in processing the data using upcoming technologies such as computational storage securely.
Your work includes but would not be limited to, survey and processing public and enterprise forums to help build models around these technologies, generate new ideas and conceptualize them and with the help of senior engineers in the team, contribute to the development of architecture towards building proofs of concepts.
- Research/investigate emerging technologies in storage components and system, Data creation models and storage security
- Document current and future storage architectures for different applications
- Provide research intelligence for future Seagate products or create reference architectures
- Work with subject matter experts at all Seagate (worldwide) sites
- Create internal and external research papers and work with your affiliated school to bring academic research in these areas for applications in storage industry.
- Should have completed all the course work requirement for PhD prior to joining.
- Creative, independent and self-starter individual with excellent written and interpersonal communication who would be looking forward to work in corporate set up.
- Must be authorized to work in India while pursing education.
- Working knowledge of Unix-based and Windows Operating Systems.
- Teamwork is a core competency at Seagate, individual must be able to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of engineers.
- Must have demonstrated ability to study a functional area in depth.
- Ability to present to colleagues and partners.
- Graduate School/Doctoral Research level experience with innovative techniques in AI/ML as well as Exposure to storage domain and FPGA based systems are added plus.
Ph.D. student from reputed engineering and/or science institute in the area of Electrical/Electronics Engineering and/or Computer Sciences and Engineering background and expected to hold Masters Degree in one of these disciplines.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.