Applications are invited for Research Interns at TISS Mumbai for the year 2021. The last date of application is 14 November
The Centre for Science, Technology & Society, School of Habitat Studies of Tata Institute of Social Sciences is looking for 18 research interns 04 in Odisha, 07 in Chhattisgarh and 07 in Jharkhand. The research interns will be required to assess and document forestbased livelihood and the implementation status of the forest rights act in the above mentioned states.
- Students pursuing masters degree or completed masters in social sciences
- Knowledge in the field of rural livelihood and forest rights act
- Ability to conduct rural fieldwork independently
- Good report writing and analysis skill
Roles & Responsibilities
- To undertake household survey to assess the scale and form of forestbased livelihood in tribal areas
- To discuss with the Gram Sabha members, SDLC and DLC members about the process of implementation of the forest rights act
- To analyse and document the collected information for the above two objectives
We prefer the interested candidates to send their CV at email@example.com on or before 14th November 2021. Please mention your choice of district and state to intern with us. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview on 17th and 18th November.
The selected candidates will go through a twoday training program before they join us. Tentative schedule for the training program is 10-11 December 2021.
Rs. 10,000 and Fieldwork Expenses: Rs. 5,000, Total: Rs. 15,000.
45 Days (10th December 2021-14th January 2022)
- Odisha: Kalahandi, Rayagada, Kandhamal and Mayurbhanj
- Jharkhand: West Singbhum, Godda, Gumla, Dumka, Pakur, Lohardaga, SeraikelaKharsawan
- Chhattisgarh: Bastar, Dhamtari, Kabeerdham, BalrampurRamanujgang, Surguja, Uttar Bastar Kanker, Raigarh
You may also be interested in: