The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi invites research grants under its Collaborative Research Program 2020.
The ICGEB Research Grant is part of the Collaborative Research Programme (CRP) of ICGEB and is a dedicated source of funding aimed at financing projects that address scientific problems of particular relevance for the host country.
The program was established in 1988 with the aim of:
- stimulating collaborative research between the ICGEB Member States and with the ICGEB Component laboratories
- promoting the training of young scientists.
- facilitating the creation of appropriate research facilities.
The program provides support for original research projects in basic life sciences, human healthcare, industrial and agricultural biotechnology, and bioenergy.
- Applicants for research grant proposals (identified as “CRPs”) should hold positions at Universities or Research Institutes.
- Active collaboration with ICGEB Research Groups is welcome but is not mandatory.
- Particular attention will be given to projects addressing issues of interest for specific geographic regions and presented by groups collaborating across more than one country.
- A special category of CRP-ICGEB Early Career Return Grants is intended to fund young researchers with an outstanding track record, who have spent a minimum of 2 years abroad and have recently returned to an ICGEB Member State to establish their own independent laboratories.
Grants are awarded to contribute to the implementation of outstanding scientific research projects. An important element of successful applications is the feasibility of the proposed project within the designated time-frame (maximum 36 months). The maximum annual contribution from ICGEB is Euro 25,000.
Funds can only be used to cover expenditures that are directly relevant to the project. This may include purchasing consumable items, scientific literature, and basic standard laboratory equipment. Travel and training costs can also be covered.
Call for Submission
Interested candidates are requested to send the filled-in application form to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of the application form to email@example.com. The last date to submit the applications is May 15, 2020.
To download the application form, click here.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Call for Proposals: Scientific & Useful Profound Research Advancement (SUPRA) by SERB, New Delhi: Submit by Apr 30.