Applications are now invited from motivated Doctoral Candidates for the Research Fellowship Program in Japan by the Matsumae International Foundation for a period of 3 to 6 months between April 2022 to March 2023.
The Research Fellowship Program has been announced upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
Fellowships are provided to successful applicants only and intended for necessary living expenses and research activities in Japan. Under no circumstances, this fellowship is transferable.
- Monthly Allowance: JPY 220,000/month is provided for the purpose of expenses for research materials and living expenses.
- Insurance: Overseas Travel Accident/ Sickness Insurance: Personal accident insurance with death benefit and medical treatment. Sickness insurance with death benefit and medical treatment.
- Air Transportation: Round-trip air tickets: Economy class, the most direct and economical route between the nearest international airport from the successful applicant’s domicile and Tokyo.
- Start-up Fund upon Arrival: JPY120,000 is provided to cover the initial costs to start a new research stay in Japan
3 to 6 months within the period between April and March. The applicant is required to indicate the length of your stay mentioning commencing and ending month. E.g. For 6 months from September 2022 to February 2023.
The applicant of non-Japanese nationality who meets all the following eligibility requirements is invited to submit application documents.
- Applicant must obtain a Letter of Invitation from the Host Institution in Japan.
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
- Applicant must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when application documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stays such as sightseeing and conferences)
- Applicant must have an occupation in your home county, return there upon completion of your fellowship tenure, and should contribute to the development of your country.
How to Apply?
The applicant is free to choose a host institution (universities, national research institutions, or the corresponding facilities in the private sector) to carry out your research. You must obtain acceptance from a host institution prior to submitting your application.
To download the application form, click here. Your application documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications for the fellowship will begin on April 1, 2021, and the last date to apply is June 30, 2021.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.