Applications are invited for Research Fellows at TISS (Mumbai & Bangalore) for the year 2021. The last date of application is 29 November.
The project consists of four interrelated activities including two research studies.
- Adoption and adaptation of the CLIx program developed by TISS for Bhutan, Tanzania, and Nigeria.
- Impact study to assess the impact of the use of OERs to build teacher capacities of secondary school science and mathematics in each of the partner countries.
- Innovation diffusion to assess the uptake of this innovation among the key stakeholders in the respective countries and the pathways to scaling the innovation.
- Knowledge Dissemination of the insights from deployment and research of this project.
The research fellowships are open to candidates fulfilling the following qualifications:
- Must have a master’s degree in education/social sciences combined with a postgraduate / graduate degree in science/ mathematics/ engineering or similar fields
- Must satisfy the doctoral programme admission criteria as specified by the affiliating university.
- The candidates who are already admitted into the doctoral programmes of the partnering institutions will be preferred.
- The candidate will be expected to pursue their doctoral research in the theme aligned to the objectives and scope of CL4STEM. They will be supervised by the lead investigators of the project in their respective countries or by any other researcher identified by the lead researchers.
Post-doctoral candidates and early career researchers
- Post-doctoral scholars should have completed or be in the final stages of submitting their PhD (in Education or allied fields).
- Early career teacher educators from the participating institutions would be preferred.
- Should have experience in conducting academic research; strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills; and experience in authoring academic research reports.
- Should have a good understanding of curriculum design and pedagogies of school science and math education and understanding of the use of ICT in school education, or in policy studies, educational change, professional development and comparative education.
- Ability to handle tasks independently and meet deadlines.
- Should have good communication and writing skills in English. Knowledge and skills of the local languages of Bhutan, Nigeria and Tanzania will be an asset.
One year (extendable based on project need and performance).
- Participate in the conceptualization of the research design workshops for impact study and innovation diffusion study. Participate in the development of common data collection tools.
- Train and support country project teams in country-specific research design and customization of data collection tools for impact study research and innovation diffusion research.
- Support country project teams in data collection, analysis, and reporting of impact study and TISS for innovation diffusion study.
- Participate in data collection, analysis and reporting of the impact study and innovation diffusion study.
- Author working papers, research briefs, policy briefs, best practices etc. for knowledge dissemination.
- Candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute website.
- Candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of the online application and keep it for future reference.
- Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail to appear for the online interview.
- Application fee: The applicationfee of Rs 1000/- to be paid online. The SC/ST/PWD candidates are required to pay fees of Rs. 250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The women candidates are waived from the payment of application fees. The application will be valid only onreceipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Last date to receive applications: 29th November 2021
- Tentative dates for interview: First week of December 2021
- Suggested date of joining: As early as possible
You may also be interested in: