Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – Goa Campus, officially Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus and known in short as BITS Pilani, Goa Campus is a technical and science institute for higher education located in Goa, India.
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Research Fellow in an Industry Funded project titled “Recovery of Water from Gaseous Emissions.”
Birla Carbon (Aditya Birla Group)
No. of Posts
In this project, it is proposed to synthesize and develop a novel process for the recovery of water from the flue/tail gas stream exiting a representative process industry. This problem is of significant social impact in terms of enabling recycle/reuse of the recovered water from flue gas streams, thereby attempting to tackle the dual problem of energy and environment simultaneously in process industries. This effort includes work in three thematic areas:
- Understanding multi-component solubility of species in the water at low concentrations,
- Synthesis and development of a process scheme to recover wastewater from flue gas streams and
- Studies on novel intensified process technologies for the recovery of water from waste gas streams.
M.E. / M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with 60% marks in the preceding examination. Meeting these eligibility criteria does not necessarily guarantee selection. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interaction/interview with the PI.
Candidates are eligible for fellowship up to Rs. 35,000/- (consolidated) per month for 5 years. Consideration for the fellowship will follow Institute and Funding agency norms (as applicable).
Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to availability and will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Institute prevailing at the time of joining of the candidate.
The initial appointment will be for one year, which is extendable up to 3 and subsequently 5 years solely based on performance. It is expected that the selected candidate will join the project with immediate effect.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV either to Dr. Amol Deshpande (Co-PI) or Dr. Anirban Roy (Co-PI), Department of Chemical Engineering, BITS Pilani K K Birla Goa Campus, Zuarinagar – 403726 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com on or before 30th September 2020.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated via e-mail for further interaction/interview.
Sep 30, 2020
For further details, click the link below.